Move to Morocco
After making a choice whether to stay in a modern apartment in downtown, villa with sea view or traditional house in the medina, there are some administrative procedures to perform required for the tranquility of your stay.
Importing Your Personal Belongings:
Personal belongings and furniture are exempt from import duty if they were acquired more than 6 months before admission to Morocco. House moving shall be conducted within a maximum of six months following the arrival of the expatriate.Papers required:
- 3 global non detailed inventories, dated and signed stating: name, nationality, address of departure and delivery in Morocco, a detailed list of furniture, articles and appliances;
- Certificate of residence change in duplicate, issued by a local authority in the place of departure (or sworn notarized statement)
- Copy of the employment contract or deposit receipt of the contract request
- Photocopy of the passport.
- Customs clearance will be conducted by the local clearing agent.
The money received from abroad should pass through an account in convertible dirham which ensures convertibility regime for foreign investors. This account allows investment operations in Morocco and guarantees the transfer of proceeds of the investment as well as the repatriation of the proceeds and the gain of a possible resale.
It is recommended to open the account in convertible dirham upon arrival in Morocco in order to rapidly have the sums needed for notarial transactions. It is possible to feed a Moroccan account from abroad by SWIFT.
See also the website of the Foreign Exchange Office: http://www.oc.gov.ma